We are very proud of everything we do that makes our Academy so special. However, we are always working to be better! Here are our academy development priorities for this year.
Priority 1 - Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- Training and development of Leadership team to further develop the skills base and increase the level of distributed leadership across the academy.
- Further development of our Curriculum of investment.
Priority 2 - Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Develop in-house Outstanding Teaching Programme to ensure consistently Outstanding practice and pedagogy across the academy.
- Further embed our Assessment and Feedback policy.
Priority 3 – Personal Development, Behaviour and Well-Being
- Introduce strategies to further improve attendance.
- Achieve the next stage in the UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools Award.
- Develop roles and responsibilities within DSL team to ensure effective distributed leadership of Safeguarding.
Priority 4 – Outcomes for Children and Learners
- Further develop strategies to increase attainment and progress in Shared and Guided Reading.
- Ensure consistent best practice in delivery of Phonics.
- Develop strategies to increase Reading for pleasure.
- Introduce strategies to increase attainment and progress in Writing.
- Develop strategies to further develop the delivery and assessment of Mastery skills.
- Ensure consistency in following a concrete, pictorial and abstract approach to calculation.
- Develop a range of strategies to help secure basic number facts.
Priority 5 – EYFS
- Develop strategies to improve parental engagement with Reading in EYFS.
- Analyse and address gaps in standards for disadvantaged pupils.
- Improve resourcing and effective use of outdoor area to maximise learning opportunities.