We are proud to be based in the Ladywood Disctrict of Birmingham. We work closely with other schools and organisations in Ladywood to help achieve better outcomes for our communities.
The Ladywood Consortium
Our active member of the Ladywood Consortium allows us to work with other local schools on areas of local and national importance. Our recent collaborative consortium-based work includes:
- Networks to develop best practice in several areas, including Early Years, EAL and More Able learners
- Moderation of pupils work to ensure a conistent baseline of expectation across the consortium for all year groups
The consortium consists of several schools across a variety of settings.
We are part of the TITAN partnership, a dynamic, unique partnership of education providers who work with businesses, community organisations and statutory partners to improve the life chances of young people and their families.
Titan Partnership is a ‘facilitator’ and ‘enabling’ organisation that supports its members to collaborate; share experiences; and increase opportunities for young people. The partnership attracts funding and projects which creates additional opportunities and services to those normally available to education providers.
We work with TITAN in several ways to increase the quality of our provision. These include:
- Engagement with TITAN's Initial Teacher Training programme, working as a host school to provide nurturing, development and employment opportunities for teaching students.
- Engagement in European-funded projects such as MLEARN to develop the use of hand-held technologies in the classroom.
- Participation in aspiration-raising initiatives, such as trips for Year 5 and 6 pupils to Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
For more information about TITAN, please click here.
Happy Families Child Care
We have a partnership with Happy Families Child Care who provide a before and after school club for children of all ages who attend our academy. They work to create a stimulating place of laughter and joy for children to play together and learn together. They are an Ofsted Outstanding childcare provider based in the West Midlands offering exceptional childcare in a school environment. Resources and sessions they have include flight and driving simulators, bouncy castles, rock band, sports, video games and arts and crafts.
Find out more about them here.