We take pride in each and every one of our pupils at the academy, and know that they are equally proud to be wearing their academy badge on their uniforms.
At Oasis Academy Woodview, we believe in the importance of a school uniform; it helps foster a sense of identity and unity. As such, we require all pupils to wear full academy uniform every day.
Please read this guidance, alongside the Oasis National Uniform Policy - which outlines responsibilities held by the academy, parents/carers and students. You can also access this policy through our Policies page.
Why do we have a uniform?
We recognise the value of having academy uniforms for the following reasons:
- Inclusion – uniforms promote our belief of inclusion for all
- A sense of belonging – the uniform promotes a sense of belonging in each student, academy and the Trust
- Safety – if all the students in our Trust wear a clearly recognisable, correctly branded uniform it is easy to identify strangers in the academy. On the way to and from the academy it also affords a degree of safety as the students are part of a large body of young people who will look out for each other
- Preparation for the future – many jobs require staff to wear a uniform and even if there isn’t a uniform there is often a dress code. Uniform helps young people get used to dressing to a prescribed standard. It also helps them know the difference between formal and informal dress
- Value for money – good quality uniform should be seen as effective value for money by most parents / carers
- Relieves students from fashion ‘stress’ – a localised academy uniform eliminates the stress placed on students to purchase and wear expensive, fashionable items
- A sense of pride – we all feel proud of our young people when they are well dressed in the uniform. Uniform and PE/sport kits also help students to demonstrate pride in their academy
- Helps raise aspirations – the smarter you feel the more you believe you can achieve
Our academy works with the uniform provider Logos4Clothes. Here you can buy everything you need, from school jumpers to PE kits.
Reception to Year 6
|All year or
|Yellow Polo Shirt||Yes||Required||All year|
|White Polo Shirt (Reception only)||Yes||Optional||All year|
|Burgundy Sweatshirt||Yes||Required||All year|
|Navy Sweatshirt (Year 6 only)||Yes||Required||All Year|
|Black/Grey shorts, trousers or skirts||No||Required||All Year|
|Black shoes||No||Required||All Year|
|Yellow or Burgundy gingham dress||No||Optional||Summer|
|Fleeces and Reversible Fleeces||Yes||Optional||All Year|
Any headwear (including the hijab if worn) should be black, burgundy or dark blue.
|All year or
|Yellow t-shirt||Yes||Required||All year|
|Burgundy/Navy PE shorts||No||Required||All year|
|Burgundy PE Kit bag||Yes||Optional||All year|
We are grateful to parents and carers for their full support in seeing that high standards are maintained in the wearing of uniform, tidiness and cleanliness. We assume all parents and carers will ensure their son or daughter dresses according to the uniform list. Because of the importance we place on school uniform, any pupil failing to turn up in appropriate uniform will be required to return home.
Jewellery & Watches
No jewellery should be worn apart from small stud-type earrings. Earrings must be removed for PE lessons. Small discrete watches may be worn. Any religious jewellery should be worn beneath clothing.
Uniform costs and support
The Academy takes the cost of the uniform seriously, and works hard to ensure that those items that are required can be purchased for a reasonable price that provides good value.
If any parents are concerned about the cost of uniform items, please contact the Principal so we can explore what support is available.
Second hand uniform
To ensure that uniforms are affordable for everyone and to reduce our carbon footprint, we have arranged for acquiring or swapping items for second-hand items.