Health for Life
Health for Life in primary schools is a Schools and Community programme for South Birmingham funded by Mondelez International Foundation in partnership with Life Education Centres and the Health Education Service.
The programme supports schools to develop healthy active lifestyles and embeds the work in school culture in a susutainable way. It is four inter-related strands of healthy eating and cooking, growing food, physical activity and family involvement.
As a school we developed an action plan in order to meet the aims of the programme.Then we completed an audit of facilities, skills,curriculum and pupil knowledge. These area are revisited at the end of eighteen months.
Highlights of the programme for Oasis Academy Woodview are:
- Staff Training
- Fitting and furnishing a child friendly kitchen
- Purchase of play equipment and a shed to store equipment
- Polytunnel and raised beds for growing food
- Supplying vegetables and herbs for the school kitchen
- More healthy options for Breakfast Club
- A healthy recipe competition
- Health Week
- More curriculum activities to support healthy lifestyles
- Parent Workshops to support healthy lifestyles.
All the above activities are sustainable additions to our academy to encourage and support pupils, families and staff to choose healthy options for life